Florence + The Machine formed in 2007 in London, England. The band is the recording name of singer/songwriter Florence Welch and a collaboration of other artists who provide backing music for her; Florence Welch is the band’s only constant member. The current touring lineup of the band is Florence Welch (vocals), Robert Ackroyd (guitar), Isabella Summers (keyboards), Tom Monger (harp), Mark Saunders (bass), Christopher Lloyd Hayden (drums).
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- New band of the week: Phoenix and the Flower Girl (No 145)The last ever New Band of the Week brings an appropriately phantasmagoric end to the column’s 11-year runHometown: Tokyo and London.The lineup: Phoenix Troy (music), Flower (artistic director). Continue reading...
- New band of the week: The Orielles (No 144)This West Yorkshire trio ply a jangling, funky sound that has already earned props from cutie-indie legends the PastelsHometown: Halifax.The lineup: Sidonie B Hand-Halford (drums), Esmé Dee Hand-Halford (bass, vocals), Henry Carlyle Wade (guitar, vocals). Continue reading...
- New band of the week: The Physics House Band (No 143) – a perfect prog rock storm fit for gig veteransBrighton trio beloved of comedian Stewart Lee whose dazzling instrumental work will appeal to ancient prog fans and young math rockersHometown: Brighton.The lineup: Adam Hutchison (bass electric guitars, synthesisers), Sam Organ (guitar, synthesisers), Dave Morgan (drums). Continue reading...
- New band of the week: Girl Ray (No 142) – lo-fi pop of teen romance with nods to 70s balladryNorth London indie trio specialising in wan, winsome heartache have ambitions to rival the songwriting greats Hometown: North London. The lineup: Poppy Hankin (vocals, guitar), Iris McConnell (drums), Sophie Moss (bass). Continue reading...
- New band of the week: Ménage à Trois (No 141) – lounge funk and synthadelic slow jamsMancunian boy band who met at a gay karaoke bar specialise in music that ‘longs for sun and love and good times’Hometown: Manchester. The lineup: Joseph Louis Harland Manning (instruments), Jonathan Flanders (vocals), Craig Langton (electronics). Continue reading...
- New band of the week: Phoenix and the Flower Girl (No 145)
- Acoustic alt-country Alternative Ambient americana Amos Lee Anti-folk Atomic Tom Avalanche City Baroque Pop Between two lungs blues Breathe Me britpop Called out in the dark Cary Brothers Colours Colour the small one Daily Song electronic Electropop fallen empires female vocalist Florence + The Machine Flower folk Ghost Town Go Go Do Graffiti6 Heavy in your arms Home indie Indie Pop Indie Rock James Morrison Jazz Jonsi Love Love Love Mission Bells Mumm-Ra Music Once When I Was Little Only You Our New Life Above Ground Pop Post-rock Regina Spektor Rock Santigold She's Got You High Sia Singer-Songwriter Sinking Friendships Snow Patrol Songs for You Truths for Me Soul Soviet Kitsch Stare into the sun Take Me Out The Moment The Naked and Famous These Things Move in Threes The Sparrow and The Crow They'll Never Take The Good Years Tourist History trip-hop Two Door Cinema Club Under Control Us What You Know William Fitzsimmons World fusion You Make It Real Young Blood